Established December 2, 2014
Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.
- 1. General provisions
- The Seven & i Group will properly manage the protection of personal information from the standpoints of protecting the rights and interests of each individual, and ensuring the utility of personal information. Moreover, the officers and employees of the Seven & i Group will not utilize personal information held by the Seven & i Group for any other purpose than the specified purpose of utilization in accordance with laws, regulations, and other rules.
- 2. Management framework
- The Seven & i Group will set up an organizational framework to protect personal information, and will stipulate roles and responsibilities.
- 3. Protection and utilization of personal information
- The Seven & i Group will acquire, utilize, and provide personal information properly in accordance with laws, regulations, and other rules, and will not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the specified purpose of utilization. In addition, in cases where the scope of the purpose of utilization would be exceeded, the Seven & i Group will obtain the consent of the individual concerned, unless otherwise provided for by laws, regulations, and other rules.
In cases where the personal information of customers will be used jointly between Group companies, the Seven & i Group will provide prior notice to customers, or make an announcement to this effect on its corporate website or via other channels, of prescribed matters, including the joint use of private information, the scope of the joint users, the items of the personal information to be used jointly, and the purpose of use, along with the name of the individual or business operator responsible for the management of the personal information and the acquisition methods.
- 4. Proper management
- The Seven & i Group respects the rights of individuals concerning personal information. If a request for disclosure concerning the personal information of a customer is received from the individual concerned, the Seven & i Group will respond to the request within a reasonable period and to an appropriate extent. In addition, if there are any errors or changes in the personal information of a customer, the Seven & i Group will respond promptly within a reasonable period, provided that it is able to confirm the identity of the individual concerned.
Upon receiving a complaint or consultation regarding the handling of personal information, the Seven & i Group investigates the details quickly to establish the relevant facts and response sincerely within a reasonable time frame.
- 5. Security Control Measures
- The Seven & i Group will implement organizational, personnel, physical, and technical security control measures in order to properly manage the personal information it has acquired. Through these measures, the Seven & i Group will work to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to take any corrective measures as necessary.
- 6. Compliance
- The Seven & i Group will observe all laws and regulations, rules, and contractual obligations pertaining to the protection of personal information.
- 7. Voluntary inspections and internal audits
- The Seven & i Group will conduct voluntary inspections and internal audits to verify observance of rules on the protection of private information, and the appropriateness and effectiveness of control measures to protect personal information, and take any corrective measures as necessary.
- 8. Discipline