Seven & i Holdings Personal Information Protection Policy
Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company", “we”, “us”, “our”) shall properly handle personal information we acquire from customers and others in accordance with the "Seven & i Group Personal Information Protection Policy".
The matters to be disclosed to the public regarding the handling of personal information by the company are as follows.
8-8 Nibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.
President and Representative Director
- 1Acquisition and Utilization Purpose of personal information
The Company shall acquire personal information by legal and fair means. The utilization purposes are as follows.
- iPersonal information of customers
We shall acquire and utilize 7iD member information as customer information. For the utilization purposes, please refer to "7iD会員情報の取扱いについて".
- iiPersonal information of business partners
- To contact customers as necessary in the course of business, or to fulfill contracts, etc.
- To manage the business partner information.
- iiiPersonal information of shareholders
- To exercise rights and fulfill obligations under the Companies Act.
- To provide various benefits to our shareholders from the Company.
- To implement various measures to facilitate smooth relationship between the company and its shareholders from the perspective of the association and its members.
- To manage shareholders, including compiling shareholder data based on prescribed standards in accordance with various laws and regulations.
- ivPersonal information of prospective candidates for employment
- To contact or provide various information top prospective candidates for employment.
- To facilitate the screening process.
- To carry out employment procedures after the acceptance of hiring candidates.
- To achieve other purposes incidental to the above.
- 2Provision of Personal Information
We shall not provide personal information we acquire with third parties without obtaining the consent of the principal, except in the following cases.
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is based on laws and regulations.
- Cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body, or property, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the principal.
- Cases in which there is a special need to enhance public health or promote the sound growth of children, and when it is difficult to obtain a principal's consent.
- Cases in which there is a need to cooperate with a central government organization, a local government, or a person outsourced by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining the consent of the principal is likely to impede the performance of the said affairs.
- Cases in which we outsource the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the utilization purpose.
- Cases in which personal information is provided accompanying business succession caused by transactions such as merger, acquisition, or other reasons.
- Cases in which personal information is provided to joint users for joint utilization specified in "3."
- 3Joint utilization with third parties
The Company shall share 7iD member information with its group companies as stipulated in "7iD会員情報の取扱いについて".
- 4Security Control Measures
The main contents of the security control measure that we take to prevent leakage, loss or damage of personal information are as follows.
- iEstablishment of various internal rules
Formulation of rules regarding the handling of personal information at each stage of acquisition, utilization, storage, provision, deletion, disposal, etc.
- iiSystematic security control measures
Establishment of a management department and a person in charge regarding the handling of personal information, and establishment of a reporting and communication system to the management department and the person in charge in the event that a violation of laws and regulations or signs of it are detected. In addition, the Company is operating a confirmation process to oversee the handling status of personal information.
- iiiHuman security control measures
Incorporate precautions regarding the handling of personal information and matters regarding confidentiality into various regulations and provide regular education to officers and employees.
- ivPhysical security control measures
Limitation of areas where personal information is handled and implementation of measures such as locking, monitoring, and restricting access.
In addition, measures are implemented to prevent theft or loss when using devices, electronic media, documents, etc. which contains personal information.
- vTechnical security control measures
Implementation of access control to personal information, limiting the range of officers and employees who can handle personal information. In addition, a mechanism is in operation to protect against unauthorized access to our information systems which handles personal information.
- viAdaptation to the external environment
When handling personal information in a foreign country, the local legislations in the country concerned for handling personal information shall be examined, and the necessary security control measures shall be reviewed on a regular basis and when necessary to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to protect the customer’s personal information.
- 5Disclosure / correction / discontinuance of utilization / inquiries regarding retained personal information
- iWhen you request for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, discontinuance of utilization, erasure, suspension of provision to third parties, and disclosure of records regarding provision to third parties based on Act on the Protection of Personal Information, after confirming that the request is from the principal and that the requirements stipulated in the law are satisfied, disclosure shall be made without delay, or corrections, etc. or discontinuance of utilization, etc. shall be made to the extent necessary. However, this shall not apply if the Company is not obligated to do so under the Act or other laws and regulations.
- iiIf you wish to make any of the above requests or inquire about the handling of personal information, please contact us through the following contact information.
Regarding the disclosure of retained personal information and records regarding provision to third parties, a fee shall be charged according to the disclosure method.
【The information desk】
Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd. (Representative)
Phone number: 03-6238-3000
Reception hours: Weekdays 9:00 to 17:30 (excluding weekends)
<Inquiries regarding 7iD member information>
Please refer to the help&inquiries page.
Released March 10, 2022
Revised February 20, 2023