Policy on Legal Compliance
The Corporate Action Guidelines call for employees to comply with laws, regulations and social norms. They also require employees to maintain appropriate relationships with people involved in government, respecting free and fair competition and keeping related laws and regulations such as the Act on Prohibition of Private Monopolization and Maintenance of Fair Trade, as well as internal rules. The guidelines also instruct employees to conduct business under appropriate conditions in line with sound trading practices, not to accept any personal benefits, and not to have any contact with antisocial groups. Moreover, Seven & i Holdings also takes steps to prevent unfair business dealings by prohibiting the following behavior towards business partners.
- Forced purchase or use
- Requesting unjustified payments such as support money
- Requesting free or forced dispatch of employees or other personnel
- Requesting unjustified financial benefits
- Unjustified refusal to accept a delivery
- Forced return of products
- Delayed payment
- Forced discounted prices
Policy on Compliance (Excerpt from the Corporate Action Guidelines “Compliance”)
- 1.We place the highest priority on complying with laws and social norms in our business activities and take special care for sound corporate governance to function in management and to be secured.
- 2.We carry on our business in good faith. We do not misappropriate tangible or intangible properties such as company products, facilities, equipment, and information for our own gain. We also do not receive personal benefits from business partners or give gifts to or entertain them with the aim of obtaining unfair gains.
- 3.We always pay attention so as not to be suspected of having collusive relationships with people involved in political bodies and government agencies. We do not provide an entertainment or treatment that exceeds socially acceptable limits or regulation limits in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- 4.We do not associate with antisocial forces, organizations, and groups that pose a threat to the social order and security of civil society, resolutely confront their pressure, and eliminate it.
- 5.We respect free competition; therefore, we do not attempt to obtain information by inappropriate means, including intellectual property rights, other corporate secrets, and know-how owned by a third party, or use the information without a permission from them. Also, we comply with relevant laws such as the Act on Prohibition of Private Monopolization and Maintenance of Fair Trade, and internal corporate rules and appropriately manage display of products and circulars so as not to mislead customers.
Policy on Fair Trading (Excerpt from the Corporate Action Guidelines “Relationship with Business Partners”)
- 1.We conduct transactions with all of our business partners, including from those involved in supplying merchandise to those relevant to store and office facilities as well as store tenants, in accordance with relevant laws such as the Act on Prohibition of Private Monopolization and Maintenance of Fair Trade, and internal corporate rules. We clearly present transaction terms and conditions and conduct transactions of necessary products, materials, and the like with appropriate quality, price, and delivery date to establish mutually beneficial business relationships.
- 2.We select our business partners based on fair criteria such as safety and quality.
- 3.We have interest in considerations of human rights and the environment including legal compliance of business partners to meet our social responsibilities in cooperation with them.
- 4.We do not receive personal benefits from business partners or give gifts to or entertain them with the aim of obtaining unfair gains.